Requesting Sacramental Certificates
- Who can get a sacrament certificate? Any member of the Christian faithful has the right to obtain a certificate of a sacrament he or she has received and which was recorded in a sacramental register.
- Who can make a request for a certificate? Only the person , the parents of a minor, someone with legal guardianship of another and a pastoral minister at another Catholic parish can make a request for a certificate. When the parents of a child are separated or divorced, both parents, regardless of legal custody, have to right to a certificate.
- How do I request a certificate? Requests should be submitted in writing, although telephone requests from a Catholic parish are acceptable. Please click the button below for the Sacrament Certificate Request Form.
- How long does it take to get a certificate? The normal processing time is one to two weeks.
- No certificates are issued for genealogical purposes.